Careers at CMM Optic
Join our growing team!
Join us in Redefining What Is Possible.
For over 30 years, CMM Optic has produced precision machined optics and components for commercial, medical, industrial and aerospace and defense applications. We are seeking qualified individuals to join our growing organization. If your skillset matches one of our listed openings, and you strive for excellence, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
You must be a U.S. person to work in this facility. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
No employment agencies, please.
- Create and run inspection programs to utilize Zeiss CMMs for inspection of machined parts and fixturing.
- Read and interpret part prints in accordance with industry standards (ASME Y14.5, etc.).
- Compile and format measurement information to determine part/fixture fitness.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of documentation in support of production processes.
- Uses measuring instruments (other than CMM) including: height gages, calipers, micrometers, gage pins, thread gages, optical comparators
- Types and distributes reports on work completed.
- Uses hand tools to assemble parts and fixturing.
- Clean parts/fixtures as needed.
- Calibrate and perform routine maintenance for CMMs and other equipment.
- Reads various reports/forms and follows-up as appropriate.
- Creates, edits, and maintains inspection program files for future reference.
This is not an exhaustive list of functions. Occasionally, supervisors or managers may ask you to perform other duties.
The following are required to enable jobholders to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Well versed in GD&T with strong print reading skills.
- Good understating of geometry as it pertains to mechanical inspection and complex datum structures.
- Computer literate including word processing and excel spreadsheets.
- Knowledge and experience in SPC is a plus.
- Willing to learn and use specialized inspection equipment and software
- Minimum 2 years operating CMMs, at least 1 year of which is with Zeiss Calypso.
- Must possess a high school diploma