Air Bearing Scanners
CMM Optic designs and manufactures both aerodynamic and aero-static rotary air bearing scanners to meet your specific application needs in our new Rochester Hills facility.
Our laser scanning devices provide high-performance imaging for a variety of imaging applications. From automated optical inspection to high-resolution film recorders, our devices are critical components of some of the most precise instrumentation. We design and manufacture in-house to meet your most challenging and specific application needs.
By generating its own air bearing cushion as the spindle lifts off during rotation, the aerodynamic laser scanner provides advantages for applications where an air supply is not available. Our aerodynamic laser scanners provide high rotational speeds, high mechanical cross-scan accuracy and low jitter when used in conjunction with spindle controllers.
CMM Optic’s aero-static air bearing scanners provide optimal performance at all speeds. Suspended by pressurized air, the aero-static bearing is completely cushioned prior to dynamic rotation, enabling the device to deliver consistent performance from low to high speeds. The aero-static bearing provides extremely high stiffness for additional load carrying capacity and low repeatable spindle run-out errors.
- Rotation speeds from 1 – 100,000 RPM
- Contamination and maintenance free
- Infinite orientation of the spindle axis
- Low wobble or cross-scan error
- Low jitter or in-scan rotational error
- Aerodynamic and aero-static design options
- Rugged design and sealed housing
- Choice of optical deflectors including monogons, polygons, cubes and prisms
- Brushless DC and AC hysteresis synchronous motors
- Closed-loop control electronics
- Speed and position optical encoders
- Computer-to-plate image setters
- Health imaging film plotters
- Automated optical inspection systems
- Continuous web inspection devices
- Semiconductor microlithography equipment
- Laser projection and display systems
CONTACT US FOR MAINTENANCE SERVICE AND SUPPORT
PHONE – (800) 641-7913